Monday, January 13, 2020

Gratitude

Thank God. Thankful for peace. Thankful for love. Thankful for the present of being present. Thankful for stillness. Thankful for the ability to always be myself. Thankful to just be... in all capacities. It’s a new year and not too much has changed. This space I’m in feels different. Not too worried about things. Constantly learning how to entertain the gray, while taking life day by day. It honestly seems to make my life a bit easier. I have to sometimes remind myself of the things I once wanted, and they seemed so far fetched. I remember the days I used to pray for those things. Now I have them and I’m just grateful. Gratitude really goes a long way. From the smallest to the largest. Being healthy, having my own space, the ability to work, people who love me, a car, bills being paid, and just being a genuine individual. The strength I’ve had to pull from places within me that I didn’t know I had... to endure situations/experiences that felt like they were gonna kill me. Yet, I’m still standing. Gratitude, baby. The smallest things make all the difference and really helps to put life in perspective. I’m grateful to know that I’m a good person, I have a good heart, and I do my best to right by people. And the majority of my  adulthood that energy is recognized, as well as reciprocated. 

Just a moment to be grateful...

2 comments:

Temple of Amara said...

This is beautiful. Don’t give up on reaching for those things that feel so far away. One step at a time.

Faith said...

Amen! Don’t give up. God has your back and he is working behind the scenes