Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Authenticity

Have you ever wondered what people see in you? Why they talk to you? What is so interesting about your personality? What do they find intriguing? I have, quite often. Not so much when I was younger, but definitely the last 10 years. I’ve always stayed in my lane and stayed true to myself. Genuine is what one quality that I love about myself. Maybe that’s why some folks are so engaged by me. My sister once said that maybe my purpose in life is to remind people that are acting unloved that they ARE loved and still valuable. I have the worst resting bitch face, but I am as cool as an ice cube. 💁🏽‍♀️

I honestly dunno what is about me that causes people to just come up to me and start randomly talking but clearly it’s something about my energy. I’m not gonna lie...it’s hard to keep a good energy/spirit about yourself. You have to keep yourself in check often. Trust and believe, that everyday isn’t peaches and cream. But, you gotta choose to be the best version of yourself... even when you don’t feel like it. I’ve met alotta dope people so far in my 32 years. And yet, I’m one the dopest people I’ve met. I’m still meeting ME. It’s a lifelong journey. Things to think about.... 

I’ll never be quite sure what people see when they talk to me through their own lenses. In hindsight, it’s not meant for me to know. I’ll just keep being Sunny & being my authentic self. 

love. all ways. always.

No comments: