Monday, July 6, 2020

Reset

I have a thing about time. I’m not sure why. I’m also big on remembering significant dates. As I always say, time doesn’t define love. But, when I’m in... I’m ALL in. I’m doing my best not to be so caught up with time and dates. Because at the end of the day, all of it is irrelevant. I’m always working on being present in the present. With so much going on in the world, it’s hard to do so but I’m making a conscious effort. It’ll be seven months with my boo this upcoming Friday, (7/10). This is my longest relationip with the opposite sex. 😂

I can’t complain about him. It feels like we’ve been together so much longer. But then again, it’s probably because I’ve known him 10+ years. He’s made being in this relationship easy. Considering that we both have a lot on our plate (mainly him)... we make it do what it do to make shit work. He makes me laugh constantly, even when I don’t want to AND especially when he gets on my last nerve. 💁🏽‍♀️ I’m happy. I’m not putting to much pressure on the future. You gotta enjoy people and the moment while you have them. I’m incredibly grateful for him. It’s a weird space to be in; but at the same time it’s a good feeling. Having someone look after you, someone to talk to, someone that cooks, someone that you can kick it with...without them getting on your nerves. That’s what we have. On my behalf it’s been a long time coming. Even though we’re polar opposites, we compliment each other well; along with balancing each other out. 

Clearly tomorrow isn’t promised. So let’s enjoy the time with the folks we care about the most, and live like there is no tomorrow WHILE being present in the present. 

love. all ways. always. 

No comments: