Monday, August 11, 2008

In Need of Some Insight

So...I don't even know where to begin. Here I am at the crossroads of my life. At the tender age of 20 and I am so confused. I'm currently finishing up paperwork to join the Navy. I'm just waiting to pick out a job and get a shipping date. I'm kinda nervous, but, at the same time I'm ready to start living life. I feel so ready to get up outta my daddy's house. I'm trying not to rush it because I know once the time gets here for me to leave..I won't wanna leave. Throughout this whole thing I've been doing my best to stay optimistic and have faith in God. That's a road that I am beginning to travel. And, I have no idea where to start. I am starting to pray like I should. Everday I ask for strength and guidance. I know that I need to build a relationship with God, especially before I leave and ship out for the Navy. People who I have talked to told me need to just comit and surrender myself unto HIM. I don't even know that.When I was younger, my mother made me go to church. All the time. I hated going with a passion, maybe it was because I never understood what was going on or what was said. No one ever took me aside and explained anything to me. I've attempted to read the Bible, but that was a no go. So, I just left it alone. Once I went away to college..I left it alone. Until some drama happened and I think HE was trying to bring me closer. The same thing goes for right now. Except, this is something that I want to do for me. Something I KNOW I need to do. I want to feel his unconditional love. I want to be able to hear him talk to me. I just feel sooo lost at this point and time. And, somewhat discouraged.*I'm new to this. So, any suggestions or advice would be appreciated. I just wanna do what's in his will.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Who would have known that once you shipped out and tried your best that you would meet me. We both went to better ourselves and during the time their we got closer to God because He was really all we had to make it through until we couldn’t know more. hE brought us together for a reason and we still going strong. I love you sis.