Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Once in the Future

Been craving, longing, and yearning for that
particular type of ...???
love and affection
that I've never experienced
feening for the real, without a doubt
uncontrollable love
what is love...
besides a young mind's infatuatiopn and lust
must we...
as young girls..settle for less
not I...
do something on my level or betta
cuz I want that butta love..smooth & creamy
that spreads all ova the place
intringuing minds...
internally and externally beautiful that makes the little things the simplest
gimme that renaissance man with an interesting...
theory about the world and so much more
taking the long walks in the park
in the bookstore sitting on the floor discussing books
talk about evolving Hip Hop as the clock tick tocks...
politics..Clinton or Obama
poetry, real music...like Jill makes me wanna sing "All I" and
as I sip "Crown Royal" [on ice]...I reminisce
and think of all the ways you love me
undeniably
4 my soul
my mind
my being..you compliment me for keep'n it funky, vice versus...
you are the epitomy of a black man that I do adore
keep it moving...
as I grow and mature, so do you...by my side, I am your T.R.I.C.E.
loving and appreciate me for my kinky curls for what they are
you never tell me to get a perm because this junk is nappy
you just continue to put your hands in it and laugh at me
you kiss me on my forehead as a term of endearment, for when I am sad
make a mends of what can never be
love me for all I am
damn, I thank God for the parents who made ya and the parents who raised ya
this is only a thought in the imagination for a man...
who will one day exsist and put my loneliness to...
an end
can't wait for that day that you put your hand around my waist and we sway to say that...
we've waited for one another for eternity so that one day you'll wear my purity ring

No comments: