Sunday, May 27, 2018

NOLA

It's my last day in New Orleans. Of course I'm up earlier than my friends. I've taken a shower and about to gather my things so that I won't have to try and scurry and get em together later. Our flight doesn't leave until 330pm. We have to be checked out by 12, so we have a little time. As I'm sitting here reflecting....I'm not sure how to feel. I don't think 30 has hit me just yet. I thought that it did, but it hasn't.

This trip has been fun. Interestingly enough, I thought it would be a lot more turnt than what it was. 😂 I mean, my friends and I were pretty much on the same wave. We took the necessary naps, got drunk everyday, and most DEFINITELY ate good. I think it's just a vital break for all of us. So now, after 4 days of not having to give a fuck about anything...I'm headed home back to reality. 😔

On my actual birthday, I got some news which started off good and then ended up bad. It rocked my world that day. I've been doing my best not to dwell on it too much, because I know that everything happens for a reason. It just sux because I really wanted the situation to work out. With that being said, I'm hesitant to go back home cuz I don't want bad things to keep happening. Sounds crazy, right? Well, in my head it makes sense. LOL.

Realistically, I gotta go harder than ever before. Because now? Time is of the essence. And, I have to know that one bad result on my birthday shouldn't represent the rest of my 30s being terrible.

No comments: