Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Self Care

Oh man, subconsciously the lessons are rolling in. I just watched this Breakfast Club interview with Jennifer Lewis and she was dropping major gems. I gotta get her book. There have been a couple of books that I've read that are inspiring. But, man...did she drop some wisdom! I'm thinking of self care and how important it is. From having "do nothing days", cleaning, vibin' out to music, being quiet, reading, exercise, sleeping, meditating and even journaling. Whatever brings you peace or joy...do it.

It's difficult for me tho. Because I don't know where to start. There's so much that I want to do! One thing that has been heavy on my mind is taking a boxing class. We get so caught up in everyday life, it's hard to keep the balance and check in with yourself. Especially since I'm critical of myself. What's going right, what's going wrong or what I could've done better. It's an everyday struggle. I just have to figure out the best method for me. What makes me happy? What brings me joy? (Besides traveling, concerts, and sleeping 🙃).

I feel compelled to figure it out. The only person that looks out for me is ME. And, I just want to be the best version of myself possible. It feels like a daunting task. However, if I want to be the best version of myself...I gotta go thru the fire and really put that work in. A part of me is scared and the other part is ready...

Almost 30 revelations....

No comments: