Sunday, December 30, 2018

Recap

This year started off amazing. Job opportunities and a rekindled flame. Things seem to be on the up & I was doing my best to just go with the flow. By April, I was single. May I was turning 30. June I felt the pressure of turning 30 & had a mental/emotional breakdown. July I was working like crazy just to distract myself from what I was feeling & to ease my pain. August I was beyond frustrated & annoyed with my job, which segues into September and I had 2 major anxiety attacks. In the midst of all this ...I forgot to mention I was working 6-7 days a week...between my regular job & a weekend side hustle.

I was hoping that October would be better, which it was until I got into a car accident the week that I was moving into my new crib. 😤 The silver lining was that the accident could've been a lot worse. Thank God for constantly keeping me covered. I was shook up by the accident, BUT everything worked itself out. I came out of the situation uninjured, my car was taken care of by insurance, & I was still able to work. The same week I moved into my new space. At first, I wasn't excited about it. Now? I'm soooooooo glad I'm back in my own crib. I can just BE. I'm incredibly thankful for the little things. I do my best not to take anything for granted.

There's one more day of 2018. I'm working. I have a car. I have an apartment. I have able limbs. I'm in my right mind. etc etc. I'm blessed. I've cut my locs & for me that signifies an ending of a chapter, starting anew, & most importantly FREEDOM. I really want this new found freedom to roll over into other aspects of my life. I wanna shake this negative mindset & constantly overthinking shit. I just wanna be happy. Unlearning bad habits & working on self is the new journey I'm on.

I don't believe in resolutions, just goals. I guess I should write them on paper because I'm already getting overwhelmed as I type this out. 😫 2018 has taught me that I'm really getting older. 😂 Also some other things:

1. I should live in the moment. Don't focus on the future so much, because it doesn't really exist.

2. I can do whatever I want to do.. as long as it's not ridiculously reckless, illegal, or I'm not hurting anyone.

3. As much as I want to be boo'd up & in a relationship. I need to discover myself. I need to love myself. And understand what it is I truly want for myself. Learn how to love & know how I want to be loved.

4. I don't give a fuck about what anyone says about me, esp if its negative.

5. If things don't go my way, don't get too bent shape about it. Just pray and keep it pushing.

6. Lastly...I HAVE to take better care of my body.

2019 feels like its gonna be a good one. I'm claiming it. I'm speaking it. I'm believing it.

let's get it. 💙

No comments: