Tuesday, September 8, 2020

143 x 2

Love. A lot of people use it loosely these days. Love is an emotion to be felt in an unconditional manner with no stipulations. If I have ever said,’I love you’ to someone, I genuinely mean it. I always say that you could meet someone yesterday and love them today like you’ve known them your whole life. I know because I’ve felt it more times than once in my life. At my big age of 32, we have no time to play games. NONE. More women are going after what they want in life. Not so much women, but EVERYONE. Life is precious. 2020 has been kicking ass and taking names. And with that being said, I don’t have time for the Tom foolery that folks are on. 

But, on the flip side of that... I’ve also learned a major lesson this year. Which is to: 🗣 USE YOUR WORDS. I’m not a mind reader and I’m definitely not going to attempt to do so or read between the lines. We’re too grown!!! Mature people communicate effectively and that’s a hard lesson I had to learn. But, I’m extremely glad that I did. How does someone know how you feel, unless you tell them? You hurt me. That made me upset. I don’t like that. All examples (not good examples) of USING YOUR WORDS. This weekend I had to put my big girl drawz on and take my own advice. It was definitely a conversation that was uncomfortable for me to have, but it needed to be said. I did my best to be patient, understanding, with the intent of a strong listening ear. I can sometimes come off as an asshole when I’m tryna get my point across, but in that moment I HAD to be vulnerable. And needless to say, I’m glad I was able to break down a wall and get what I needed. I’m still processing. Like WOW... do you see what can happen when you communicate effectively? We don’t know, unless we ask. I’m proud of myself. But, I’m also kind of nervous. This isn’t a place I’ve been before so I’m taking it seriously and lightly at the same time. I now have someone’s heart in my hands... and it’s a big deal. He trusts me enough to love him unconditionally through it all. I’m honest enough to say I don’t wanna fuck anything up or have him do the same. But, it’s life. No one is perfect. All we can do is give our best, and USE OUR WORDS effectively. 143.


love. all ways. always. 

No comments: