Sunday, August 15, 2021

516

Functioning. It is crazy to me how life goes on while you’re internally going thru turmoil. The world is just passing you by, while you want to just disappear. I’ve always believed I am different. In every sense in the word. I’ve always felt different and moved different. Different, how? I’m not sure. As I got older I realized I was an outcast and I always wanted to be left alone, because I felt like no one understood me. I just wanted to get away from everything… even in high school. Years later it was brought to my attention that it’s called depression. And with that, I’ve always been worried and tend to overthink A LOT, which in fact is anxiety. Realistically, I’ve been dealing with these issues my whole life. They’re just weren’t talked about or made of importance until about 8-10 years ago.


The fact that I’ve been FUNCTIONING for YEARS on end is amazing. I’ve always suppressed my feelings of inadequacy, doubt, rejection, and feeling unloved. Dealing with all of this and being in survival mode is enough to take anyone past their lowest point. But, it is ongoing. It is literally….  LITERALLY a spiritual/emotional/mental warfare inside of me. How is it that I know what God says & what HE has done for me, but I’m still having thoughts of death? That is so unbelievably selfish of me. It’s a fine line. God knows there’s a reason why I’m on this earth. I’m not sure what it is, but I pray HE reveals it to me sooner than later. Every 3-6 months I go thru this phase where I doubt everything; and it feels like I’m constantly asking myself what’s my point in being here? 


Last night while I was headed to work… I was fighting back tears. I kept having really negative thoughts. Once I got on the highway I literally had to keep saying, “Devil get up offa me.” I knew that’s who it is. It feels like a spiral… like a tornado of toxic ass emotions, numbness, and wanting to die. This shit ain’t normal. Unfortunately, it is my reality. And some days are better than others. Constantly having to work thru your shit is so draining and painful….. BUTTTTTT… gotta keep working. The goal is to NOT let the devil win, heal, strengthen your faith, and keep working on YOU. 

Even though I am super sweet, genuine, cool, laidback, and chill? I’m suffering and it ain’t all peaches and cream. However, I’m pushing though despite how I currently feel. Also know… functioning is HARD.


*if you read this,  please send a prayer up for ya girl. 🙏🏽


love. all ways. always.

No comments: